Before jumping into the details, I want to make it clear that for me it is of paramount importance for sponsorships not to negatively impact the quality or unbiased nature of CloudSecList.
I generally do not endorse companies or products. CloudSecList's purpose is to highlight security-related news focused on the cloud native landscape, and to help people staying up to date with this corner of the security scenario. Content is included in the newsletter exclusively based on its technical merits and usefulness to readers.
What Does Sponsorship Look Like
You can include a brief blurb (400-600 characters) about either your company, product, event, or job opening.
The blurb will be placed, in a clearly demarcated section, right before the main content, and will be included in:
- The newsletter sent to CloudSecList subscribers
- The corresponding post on cloudseclist.com (available from the Past Issues page)
Currently, there is one sponsor slot available per issue.
What Sort of Engagement Should You Expect?
Subscribers vary from hands-on security professionals working as security engineers or SOC analysts, to security managers, to heads of, as well as CISOs, CSOs, security founders, senior leaders, and VCs.
Overall, readers come from different backgrounds and are distributed across the globe. The companies represented are fairly diverse as well, from small start-ups to Fortune500 and FAANG companies, in industries ranging from tech, to healthcare, finance, and government.
- Launched in September 2019
- Thousands of subscribers
- Email open rates have consistently been ~44-50%
Companies and Organizations
Send your product/event/job advert, alongside your organizational details, to [email protected] with your ad idea and we'll work out the details.
Terms and Conditions
- Privacy: CloudSecList takes privacy of readers very seriously. There is a conscious effort NOT to collect additional information about the CloudSecList readership outside of an email address (which of course will NOT be shared with advertisers, ever). In addition, CloudSecList does not track individual open and click rates, but only the global (and anonymised) open rate.
- Ad Timing: The newsletter is typically sent on Sundays. There may be weeks where due to life circumstances, travel, or timezone differences the newsletter is sent earlier or later but this is the exception not the rule.
- Ad Format: Ads are featured as described in the "What Does Sponsorship Look Like" section above.
Integrity and Unbiased view: Sponsoring an issue does not give any influence over the rest of the newsletter.
- A competitor's tool, blog post, or talk may be referenced in the issue you sponsor.
- Similarly, an article that negatively covers your company or product may be included in the issue you sponsor.
- Right to refuse sponsorship: CloudSecList reserves the right to refuse sponsorship requests for any reason.